A screen door is a barrier against insects and pests while allowing fresh air to circulate into your home.
Over time, wear and tear or a desire for an aesthetic upgrade may prompt homeowners to replace their screen doors.
However, over time, screen doors can require a replacement.
In this guide you’ll learn how to replace a screen door and tools to tackle the task of replacing your screen door.
Below are the tools & material which you will be required to replace the screen door.
- Utility knife
- Tape measure
- Carpenter’s square
- Saw (if trimming the door is necessary)
- Drill with screwdriver bits
- Wood chisel (if modifying the door frame)
- New screen door
- Replacement screen
- Door hardware (handle, latch, hinges)
- Wood filler (if applicable)
- Paint or stain (if applicable)
How To Replace a Screen Door
To replace the screen door, you need to follow the below steps which includes:
- Use your screwdriver and remove all the screws of your damaged door.
- Measure and Purchase the Replacement.
- Remove the Old Screen Door from the frame.
- Prepare the New Screen Door.
- Install the Hardware carefully.
- Trim the Door as required to fit.
- Test the Fit & cut it properly.
- Install the New Screen to the door.
- Fix the Door in the Frame.
- Make The Frame Adjustments as needed.
- Final Touches & paint or stain as necessary.
Note: still if you are unable to replace the door then please seek professional help.
Replacing a door is a hard work.
But once you follow the above steps you can easily replace the door.
Hope you can find the article helpful as you learn the replacement of your door.